- Purpose – being passionately driven by a compelling vision and mission.
- Perseverance – having the ambition and the resilience to overcome obstacles and keep pursuing the mission indefinitely into the future.
- People first – engaging a work force of talented associates who excel as a team and are motivated by the mission and the culture, as well as compensation, in the belief that, by taking care of them, they will take care of the business, customers, suppliers and community.
- Private – taking advantage of the ability of closely held private companies to have a longer-term view and more operating flexibility than public or exit-oriented businesses.
- Profit – measuring success by the number that provides the most accurate gauge of customer value delivered.
- Paced growth – having the discipline to focus on long-term strategy and grow steadily and consistently each year.
- Pragmatic innovation – Embracing a continuous-improvement process built around taking calculated risks to innovate creatively within the constraints of the business.
 See “Built to Last (and Last and Last)", by Bo Burlingham, INC. Magazine (October 2015) pages 32-42,144-145.
 Id. at 38.